Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 29, 2007

What would you do?

I asked our agency if there were any updated photos of our girls. The Program Director had been in Vietnam and delivered photo albums of our family to each of the girls. The agency person told me that when H returned she could have some updated photos and/or video of the girls. So knowing that she was back in the states, I emailed and asked for any video or photos. The agency replied with YES there is video of the girls, but we could not see it because there were other children in the video and we cannot isolate the clip which only the girls in it. You can imagine how my heart sank. I have not had a current photo since June, when volunteers went to the sponsorship camp. It makes me so sad to know that they have a video of our girls and will not share it with us. To add salt to the wound, I have heard that the agency has shared the video clips with other families with our girls in it. There must be a double standard on who gets to see the video. It is so sad that the girls have documentation of there lives in the orphanage in agencies hands, but they will not be able to have it as a keepsake. I find this appalling.

2 comments:

Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Oh that is really frustrating. I'd want to see that video and have a copy for the girls, that's for sure. Maybe once all the kids in the video are in families and you can get permission they will make a copy for you to keep? Still, it would be nice to see it *now* while you are waiting for them!

Carissa said...

That sounds like a horrible place to be in. Hopefully soon you will have the girls and can have all of their memories recorded!