Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 25, 2008

One Year Ago..........

One year ago we were in Vietnam waiting for our G&R.
The girls are dressed in their Ao Dai sitting with their nanny in the hotel room.
We would soon get on the bus to go to the government building for the G&R.We are waiting to go into the officials office for the G&R ceremony.
Sophie is in pink, Lily in purple.
It is official the girls are now ours forever.
The faces say how emotional this day is for everyone.
One year later..........I can't believe it has been a year! They have grown so much!
Lily loves preschool, princesses, dresses, swinging and to color.





Sophie loves blue jeans, animals, writing, swinging and is starting to recognize some words.


We have been blessed to have the twins join our family. They are full of life and bring so much joy and laughter to our home. It is getting hard to remember life without them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow they have really grown and changed!

Dawn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I remember reading your blog when you were just going for them. They are adorable, especially with their little glasses. Why is it that all little kids look so cute in glasses? :-D

Stacy said...

Your girls are beautiful and I cannot tell you how lucky they are to have such wonderful caring parents. I just found your blog and have been reading along. The extra time you took for their adjustment was so smart and I am sure helped both of you.
I know Vietnam has closed their doors to us, but I was just wondering, would you mind sharing your adoption agency with me? I am looking to adopt sometime soon and was very impressed with your agency. I find myself constantly researching agencies and just decided to ask you if you would't mind sharing.
My email address is
stacy&laurie@slmcfadin.com, My name is Stacy McFadin,
Again, I have enjoyed reading about your girls and your amazing journey to get them.